Autumn Chocolate Porridge Bowl
Now we’re officially in October and it feel like Winter is truly upon us. We have dug out a our most comforting recipe from the wonderful SpamellaB who created this warming and delicious porridge bowl. Perfect for those upcoming crisp mornings!
- 50g rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 – 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 Montezuma’s Dark Chocolate Buttons
- 300ml milk (can be dairy-free)
For the caramelised apples, walnuts & figs –
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 fig, halved
- Small handful of walnuts
Serve with a few extra Montezuma’s 74% Cocoa Dark Chocolate Buttons
- First prepare the caramelised fruit: Heat the coconut oil, maple syrup and coconut sugar in a non-stick pan on a high heat. Throw in the apples and cinnamon and cook for 3-4 minutes. They’ll start to go nice and sticky! Add the fig halves and walnuts and continue cooking on a lower heat for a further 3-4 minutes until all coated and the figs have softened slightly. Set aside.
- Place the oats in a pan with the cocoa/cacao powder, maple syrup and milk in a pan. Heat gently and cook, stirring regularly, for 4-5 minutes. Add the buttons in towards the end and allow to melt. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the porridge into a bowl then top with the caramelised fruit and walnuts and top with a few extra buttons – they’ll melt in for extra richness!