Autumn Chocolate Porridge Bowl
Now we’re officially in October, we’re preparing for the autumnal weather to set in. The wonderful SpamellaB has created this warming and delicious porridge bowl for those upcoming crisp mornings!
- 50g rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 – 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 Montezuma’s 58% Cocoa Dark Chocolate Buttons
- 300ml milk (can be dairy-free)
For the caramelised apples, walnuts & figs –
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 fig, halved
- Small handful of walnuts
Serve with a few Montezuma’s 58% Cocoa Dark Chocolate Buttons
- First prepare the caramelised fruit: Heat the coconut oil, maple syrup and coconut sugar in a non-stick pan on a high heat. Throw in the apples and cinnamon and cook for 3-4 minutes. They’ll start to go nice and sticky! Add the fig halves and walnuts and continue cooking on a lower heat for a further 3-4 minutes until all coated and the figs have softened slightly. Set aside.
- Place the oats in a pan with the cocoa/cacao powder, maple syrup and milk in a pan. Heat gently and cook, stirring regularly, for 4-5 minutes. Add the buttons in towards the end and allow to melt. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the porridge into a bowl then top with the caramelised fruit and walnuts and top with a few extra buttons – they’ll melt in for extra richness!