Cherry Chocolate Brownies
We're going to be encouraging you to #BakeWithLove over the next couple of weeks in collaboration with our friends at Cotswold Flour and Cherry Tree Preserves. To start, we have these heavenly cherry chocolate brownies created by Emily @goodmoodfood.uk.
Makes: 16 brownies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
120g Cotswold Plain Flour
150g Unsalted Butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
300g Caster Sugar
3 Eggs, at room temperature
70g Cocoa Powder
0.5tsp Baking Powder
50ml Amaretto, optional
1 x 180g Bag Montezuma’s Milk or Dark Chocolate Buttons, plus extra for decoration
200g Fresh Cherries, pitted and quartered, plus extra for decoration
5tsp The Cherry Tree Cherry with Amaretto Jam
Add a shot of amaretto to give these brownies a boozy twist!
- Preheat the oven to 180C and generously grease a square 8x8” baking tin.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 100g of the caster sugar with the butter on low heat. Continue to stir until the butter has melted then set aside and allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs and the remaining 200g sugar. Using an electric whisk or stand mixer, whisk the eggs until pale, light and fluffy – around 5 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the melted butter mixture while whisking until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients by folding the mixture until just combined.
- Add in the cherries, chocolate buttons and amaretto, if using then mix until they are evenly incorporated.
- Pour half the batter into the baking tin and then add the cherry jam in blobs. Using a spoon or knife, swirl the jam into the batter then pour the rest of the mixture on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool completely then remove from the tin.
Don't forget to keep your eyes peeled for exciting giveaways and new recipes for #NationalChocolateCakeDay