Chocolate, cherry, & coconut vegan bars
This weekend we are celebrating World Vegan Day, so we have teamed up with amazing SpamellaB to create a delicious vegan recipe. These scrumptious vegan chocolate, cherry, & coconut bars are not only a pleasure to eat but also to make.
It is important to us to produce delicious chocolate for those avoiding dairy or who choose to live a vegan lifestyle. We probably have the most extensive collection of vegan chocolate bars and truffles around! We pride ourselves on our chocolate recipes and never compromise on flavour. View our vegan range here
Vegan chocolate, cherry & coconut bar
What you'll need
For the base:
- 150g oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3tablespoons nut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
For the coconut cherry filling:
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 75g frozen cherries, halved
For the topping
- 150g Montezuma's Black Forest Dark Chocolate, broken up into pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Coconut chips, to decorate
- Place the oats and cinnamon in a bowl. Melt the nut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup, pour in and mix well. Press into a lined tin or tub in an even layer then place in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil and maple syrup then mix in the vanilla and desiccated coconut. Spread this over the base to cover. Arrange the cherry halves on top and press down into the coconut. Place in the freezer.
- Melt the dark chocolate and oil then pour over the cherry coconut layer. Sprinkle over the top then return to the freezer for 15 minutes before slicing into bars ready for serving. Keep in the fridge for up to 1 week or keep in the freezer.
Show off your creation by posting on your Instagram with #montezumasinspiration