Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Heres what you will need
75ml coconut oil, melted
100g coconut sugar/ soft brown sugar
70ml dairy-free milk
170g plain flour
100g oat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 bar Montezumas 'like no udder vegan chocolate' or 'Smooth Operator'
1/2 bar Montezumas 74% dark vegan chocolate
1tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C & line a large baking tray
- Add the sugar, coconut oil & milk to a large bowl & whisk until well combined
- Sift in the flour, oat flour, baking powder & salt & mix well until you get a smooth, soft cookie dough. (Chill cookie dough in the frideg fro 20/30 mins if too soft to handle)
- Spoon out roughly 1 tablespoon of the cookie dough & roll it into a ball. Transfer to the lined baking tray. Repeat with the rest of the cookie dough.
- Use your thumb to make a well in the centre of each cookie dough ball
- Bake for 10 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven & immediately use a teaspoon to gently deepen the well.
- Roughly chop the chocolate bars into small pieces & place in a heatproof bowl with the teaspoon of coconut oil
- Once the cookies have cooled, pour 1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate sauce into the wells and let to cool until the chocolate is slightly set