Ultimate Giant Skillet Cookie
- Plain flour x 160g
- Baking powder x 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda x 1/2 teaspoon
- Brown sugar x 60g
- Granulated sugar x 30g
- Sea salt x 1/2 teaspoon
- Unsalted Butter x 8 tablespoon
- Butter to grease cast iron x 1 tablespoon
- Milk x 1 tablespoon
- Large Egg x 1
- Montezuma Chocolate Bar
- Double Cream (For Whipping) x 200ml
- Blood Orange x 1
- Espresso Martini Marmalade
1. Melt the unsalted butter in a pan and once melted the butter will foam up a bit, then subside. Watch carefully as lightly browned specks begin to form at the bottom of the pan. Smell the butter; it should have a nutty aroma. Pour the now browned butter in to a large bowl, set aside and let cool for 5 minutes.
2. Add in the egg, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and milk into the butter then whisk. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients: whisking together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir dry ingredients into wet: Combine but do not over mix. Break Montezuma chocolate into the cookie batter.
3. Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet with softened butter. Spread cookie batter into the skillet evenly using a rubber spatula. Top with more broken Montezuma chocolate pieces. Bake @ 175°c for 15 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Baking time can vary, but approximately 20 minutes max. Top with blood oranges, whipped cream and Espresso Martini Marmalade.