We are a fast growing highly innovative chocolate company, with a desire to make a real difference to the world we live in and give the world an extraordinary chocolate experience at the same time! Our hand finished premium chocolate is produced in our own factory in sunny (well, some of the time!) Chichester, West Sussex. Our Purpose is ‘Extraordinary Chocolate, Done Properly’ with a vision of becoming ‘Britain’s Greatest Little Chocolate Company’.
We are looking for a Head of People & Culture who is passionate about people and ensuring that we can achieve a high performing and happy team. We want someone who loves a challenge, is a great problem solver to help us deliver on our ambitious goals but keeps our values at the heart of everything they do.
The role in a (chocolate–coated) nutshell………
You will have overall responsibility for everything People & Culture including managing the team experience, developing a People strategy and managing HR systems & processes.
- You will work with the Managing Director and other Heads of departments to influence the creation and communication of the company strategy, business priorities & goal setting as well as developing the People & Culture strategy.
- Responsibility for the overall management of the people team; spend time coaching, identifying skills and opportunities for development. Set objectives, review performance and progress and develop individual training plans for the team. Support the other leaders and managers within the business to do the same with their teams.
- Lead by example to ensure we create “happy” teams that share our values and we achieve maximum attendance, engagement & retention; people management issues are satisfactorily resolved
- Responsible for managing the learning and development programme within the business using our quarterly MAD reviews to identify skill gaps, create training plans and develop a plan of action.
- Responsible for the day-to-day people & culture tasks including recruitment, pay queries, training, coaching, performance issues, policy implementation & the annual party when it’s possible….
- Ensure that everyone gets paid on time every month - timesheets need to be prepared, amendments recorded and pension calculations processed.
- We pride ourselves on our innovation and the people & culture team are no different – ideas for improvements and new processes are key to the success for a rapidly growing business.
- You will lead and/or be involved with many projects including the implementation of a new LMS, obtaining and maintaining B-Corp accreditation & launching the new ERP system.
- Influences and supports the People element of the annual budget process ensuring they are constantly reviewed; produce up-to-date and accurate financial/non-financial reports as requested by the Managing Director and the Board
What an ‘Extraordinary’ Head of People & Culture looks like….
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a generalist HR role (preferably with some manufacturing and/or retail experience)
- Genuine passion, energy & drive to inspire everyone around you and take people on the journey
- Ability to manage the people agenda through influencing and engaging at all levels
- Must be able to handle complex situations and anticipate potential outcomes to find the best resolution
- Must be passionate about customer service as our aim is for all our customers to leave with a bigger smile than when they arrived
- Must live, breathe and encourage the Montezuma’s values at all times
- Ability to build strong working relationships across the business
- Must be able to organise and prioritise workload
- Most importantly – you must be able to muck in & roll your sleeves up
Please apply via Indeed.