Join the Team
Head of online
We are a fast growing highly innovative chocolate company, with a desire to make a real difference. Our hand-finished premium chocolate is produced in our own factory in sunny (well, most of the time) Chichester, West Sussex. Our Purpose is ‘Extraordinary Chocolate, Done Properly’ with a vision of becoming ‘Britain’s Greatest Little Chocolate Company’. We are looking for a Head of online that is ready to take the challenge of leading a team and achieving ambitious goals with our values at the heart of everything we do!
The role in a (truffle-coated) nutshell...
You will have overall responsibility for everything Online including inputting to the business planning process and overall marketing strategy. You will have the passion and drive to deliver an extraordinary online customer experience that will get them, keep them and make them shout about us.
• To input to the annual business planning process and marketing strategic review, working closely with the Marketing Director to develop a fully integrated plan which is relevant, compelling, and consistent with the brand strategy and delivers the extraordinary.
• Ownership of the Company’s online platform and implementation of the overall marketing strategy and annual plan, on time, in full and on budget.
• To inspire, lead and develop the Online Team, ensuring the team has the skills and knowledge to deliver our medium-term business objectives, and long-term ambitions.
• Ownership of the website, identifying solutions and making improvements in line with the annual strategy and plan, that will make a real difference to our customer experience, maximise sales and positively impact NPS.
• Responsible for driving online sales growth in line with business targets and implementing initiatives to grow our fan club, to inspire more people to buy more chocolate more often.
• Making every penny count to ensure we grow our fan base and develop ongoing, engaging relationships to increase sales and make them shout.
• To monitor the performance of all things Online, reporting to the business monthly on all Online analytics and sales, ensuring profitability and ROI and recommending changes or remedial actions, if required.
• To play an integral role within the marketing team and form close working relationship with the wider business particularly our operations team to ensure the customer experience is extraordinary from purchasing to receiving and enjoying their chocolate.
• To work closely with the marketing team to evaluate all digital marketing techniques to ensure maximum impact both Online and Offline.
• To work closely with the wider marketing team to ensure a fully integrated approach which is relevant, compelling, and consistent with the brand strategy and delivers the extraordinary.
• To ensure the Online experience is consistent with how our brand speaks, looks, and behaves, reflecting the brand positioning, personality, tone of voice and visual identity.
• To work closely with both Retail and Trade to ensure the consumer journey is joined up and fully integrated.
• To ensure relevant KPIs are established and work with agencies to ensure timely reporting and tracking of Online activity, making recommendations for change, as required.
• Keep up to date with technology and trends and identify opportunities to improve and to share
• Support the Marketing Director with presenting Online plans to senior executives, the Board and investors as requested
• Extraordinary communication skills – verbal & written • Has a natural flair for influencing and negotiation • Commercially sound with a good understanding of profit and loss accounting and the influence of operating factors • Excellent organisation skills, able to prioritise • A genuine team player – really enjoys working as a team – you love being around people • Must be able to demonstrate leadership qualities that are aligned to Montezuma’s
• Genuine passion, energy & drive to inspire everyone around you and take people on the journey • Must be passionate about customer service as our aim is for all our customers to leave with a bigger smile than they arrived • Demonstrate that you share the same values as us – Entrepreneurial, Business Done Properly & Fun-Loving • Good Listener – will challenge constructively and respond well to feedback • Most importantly – Muck in, roll your sleeves up and as a handyman may say “no job is too small”