New Product Developer (Part Time)
We are a fast growing highly innovative chocolate company, with a desire to make a real difference to the world we live in and give the world an extraordinary chocolate experience at the same time! Our hand finished premium chocolate is produced in our own factory in sunny (well, some of the time!) Chichester, West Sussex.
Our Purpose is 'Extraordinary Chocolate, Done Properly' with a vision of becoming 'Britain's Greatest Little Chocolate Company'.
We are looking for a creative New Product Developer who is passionate about delivering the best tasting, highly imaginative and innovative new products that will take our range to the next level. We want someone who loves a challenge, is a great problem solver to help us deliver on our ambitious goals but keeps our values at the heart of everything they do.
The role in a (chocolate-coated) nutshell is to become Montezuma’s new chocolate expert.
• To be our go to for flavour/ingredient trends and new techniques to ensure that we bring the latest thinking to our NPD.
• To working individually, and with the NPD team to develop new, innovative chocolate products and improve existing products.
• Creating concept recipes and working with the Production team to ensure that all NPD recipes scale up successfully.
• Understanding our supply chain and working with our suppliers to build strong relationships to support our product development.
• Providing pre-production samples and creating extraordinary, PRable show pieces.
• Develop chocolate workshops for both Montezuma’s in-house professional development and for visiting customers.
• Responsible for running taste trials and finding our next extraordinary product.
What an “Extraordinary” New Product Developer looks like..
Must be passionate about chocolate and able to inspire and excite everyone with new ideas and chocolate knowledge
A thorough understanding of chocolate production, methods, recipes, and techniques.
A mixed background of food technology and recipe development.
A keen interest in food markets, trends and news
A flexible approach to part-time working, as workload will vary from week to week.
A willingness to develop existing skills and knowledge.
P.S A lack of formal qualifications will not stand in your way of getting the job!
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Please apply via Indeed