Senior National Account Manager (grocery)
We are a fast growing highly innovative chocolate company, with a desire to make a real difference. Our hand finished premium chocolate is produced in our own factory in sunny (well, most of the time) Chichester, West Sussex. Our Purpose is ‘Extraordinary Chocolate, Done Properly’ with a vision of becoming ‘Britain’s Greatest Little Chocolate Company’.
We are looking for a Grocery SNAM (Mat leave cover) who is ready to take the challenge of developing our Grocery accounts and achieving ambitious goals with our values at the heart of everything we do!
The role in a (truffle – coated) nutshell…….
- You will be responsible for the account management of all sales through the Grocery Channel, to ensure budget targets are met, and that we are delivering an extraordinary service to our customer base.
- Ownership and management of the commercial strategies, goals and JBPs for the Grocery sector in the trade sales department.
- Account Manager for Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Booths, Waitrose, Ocado and developing the Co Op societies (excluding Co Op Southern).
- Ensure your accounts continue to grow by reaching sales targets identified, conducting business reviews and analysis regularly, upselling products, identifying where we could develop new products, and regularly communicating with them
- Identify opportunities for new listings, range extensions
- Lead customer meetings to sell and negotiate new product listings
- All customer administration for your accounts, including (but not limited to) new line forms, resolving any invoice queries, loading promotions, and ensuring relevant customer systems are kept up to date
- Develop commercial propositions, using our pre-defined P&L templates, to ensure that proposals are commercially viable
- Keeping informed about credit control issues and working with finance to ensure this is kept under control
- Ensuring monthly product forecasts for your sectors are completed and sent to the planning department on time
- Data management for Grocery accounts, including sharing data updates out to the business for key accounts
What an ‘extraordinary’ Grocery SNAM looks like……..
- Previous experience with managing Grocery top 6 accounts and FMCG brands
- Experience with negotiating and closing JBPs
- Strong commercial acumen
- Extraordinary communication skills – verbal & written
- Has a natural flair for influencing and negotiation
- Commercially sound with a good understanding of profit and loss accounting and the influence of operating factors
- Excellent organisation skills, able to prioritise
- A genuine team player – really enjoys working as a team – you love being around people
- Genuine passion, energy & drive to inspire everyone around you and take people on the journey
- Must be passionate about customer service as our aim is for all our customers to leave with a bigger smile than they arrived
- Demonstrate that you share the same values as us – Entrepreneurial, Business Done Properly & Fun-Loving
- Good Listener – will challenge constructively and respond well to feedback
- Most importantly – Muck in, roll your sleeves up - “no job is too small”
Contract length: 12 months
Please apply via Indeed here