Chocolate Cherry Granola Recipe
Since Mother’s day is approaching, it’s time to start planning how to spoil Mum! Our friend SpamellaB has created this delicious granola recipe so you can make Mum the best Mother’s day breakfast.
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 170g rolled oats
- 50g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 50g dried cherries
- 50g Montezuma’s Black Forest Gateau Dark Chocolate, chopped
- Natural or coconut yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 150C and place some greaseproof paper onto a large baking sheet.
- In a small jug or mug whisk together the cacao or cocoa powder with 2 tablespoons boiling water, oil, maple syrup and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix together the oats, ground almonds and cinnamon in a bowl then stir in the cacao mixture and stir well to form a slightly sticky mixture.
- Spread the oat mixture evenly onto the baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, stirring once in between. Stir in the almonds, cherries and chocolate chunks and bake for a further 5-10 minutes until the oats have crispened up and the chocolate has melted.
- Allow the granola to cool completely on the tray – the melted chocolate will set and create extra large clumps of granola, yum!
- Serve some granola with yogurt and cherries with Montezuma’s truffles on the side!