Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough Bites
Happy new year and welcome to our first recipe blog of 2019! The wonderful SpamellaB has created this easy Veganuary inspired recipe using our brand new ‘Like No Udder’ range – A Vegan milk chocolate alternative! Perfect for those of you who are looking for an easy to make, vegan recipe.
For the cookie dough:
- 200g rolled oats
- 100g cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 30g coconut oil
- 180g smooth peanut, almond or cashew butter
- 150g maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons almond or oat milk
- 60g Montezuma’s Like No Udder Milk Chocolate Alternative, chopped into chunks
For the chocolate topping:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 40g Montezuma’s Like No Udder Chocolate Alternative, broken up into pieces
- Cashew nuts, chopped
- Cacao nibs
Get making! Step-by-step Recipe:
- Place the oats and cashews in a high-power blender or food processor and whizz up until ground down. Add the cinnamon.
- Gently melt the coconut oil, nut butter and maple syrup then set aside. Once cooled a little, pour into the blender along with the vanilla and milk. Pulse a few times until the mixtures comes together in a slightly sticky cookie dough consistency. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Line a tin or tub (15cm x 20cm) with greaseproof paper and tip the cookie dough in. Use your hands to spread out evenly and pat down. Chill while you make the topping.
- Gently melt the coconut oil and chocolate. Pour over the cookie dough to cover then scatter over the cacao nibs and cashew nuts. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, pop out of the fridge and onto a chopping board. Cut into small chunks and enjoy!