Montezuma's Dark Chocolate Fudge
- 397g tin condensed milk
- 450g light brown soft sugar
- 120g butter, cubed
- 125ml milk
- 5g salt
- 300g Montezuma’s dark chocolate couverture
- Line a 20cm/8inch square tin with baking paper.
- Place all of the ingredients, apart from the salt and chocolate couverture, into a large, dry saucepan over a low heat. Continuously stir until the butter has melted and the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Slowly bring the mixture to a rolling boil over a medium-high heat. Stir continuously, especially around the edges, to stop the mixture catching on the bottom of the pan and burning. Be very careful as the mixture is very hot.
- Once the mixture has started to boil vigorously use a sugar thermometer to bring the mixture to 115C, stirring constantly.
- Add the salt then beat the mixture well.
- Leave to cool in the saucepan for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in half the dark chocolate couverture beat again.
- Pour into the lined tin and level with the back of a spoon.
- Stud the mixture with the remaining chocolate couverture
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until completely firm and you can cut through it easily with a knife without it getting stuck.
- Remove the fudge from the tin, transfer to a chopping board and cut into squares with a sharp knife.